Wednesday 8 July 2020

How much brushing is too much?

Every year I evaluate my own health.  This usually starts with looking in a mirror and seeing how I am looking in the mirror and it moves me to start thinking about my health and planning for the year.  dental health always comes into play because that is an area that I see the most when I am looking in a mirror and I am seeing that this is an area that I need to focus on.  Working on my habits and making sure my teeth are in the best shape to continue to last and be going strong when I am 70+ years of age is my goal.  So in order to do that I want to make sure I am doing all the right things and definitely brushing the right amount to make that happen!

 

Now my focus is going to be working on my teeth for a big and I first want to make sure I am relying on professional help.  So my goal is to visit the dentist every six months and make sure that no major problems are happening. 

I know that tooth decay and gum disease can lead to other major medical issues in the body, so it is part of my overall health to make sure those issues don't happen due to my dental hygiene!  So I have scheduled 6 months out on my phone calendar and my actual home calendar to see the dentist and then I did it for a year as well.  This will get me on track to use the insurance I am paying for to benefit me and not a company.  I will then always ask about changes in routines.

 

My daily routine is to brush my teeth during the morning when I wake up and also before I go to bed.  This is also done with mouthwash to try and get the rest of the bad bacteria out and keep my mouth clean.  My goal this year is to add in the routine of flossing once daily.  I think I will do this at the end of the day.  

Hence It will be after I have eaten to make sure no extra food particles are left in my teeth. This is my goal and I am planning on sticking to this.  I have picked up little flossing sticks that are pre-strung to make sure this will be an easy habit to add.  Hard habits really are tough to start and do enjoy things that are simple and healthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How much brushing is too much?

Every year I evaluate my own health.  This usually starts with looking in a mirror and seeing how I am looking in the mirror and it moves me...